The course was developed on a piece of ground which was part of the steeplechase course and polo ground owned by the Jockey Club, whose 'Links' Farm was close to the clubhouse. Unfortunately Colonel McCalmont did not survive to see his beloved course develop into 18 holes as he died shortly after the original course had been established in 1902. The clubhouse was presented to the members in 1935 by the President Lord Wolverton as a memorial to his father the 5th Baron who was President of the club from 1908 to 1932.
The attractive and mature 18-hole (par72) course of some 6643 yards was redesigned by that great golf course artichect Colonel Hotchkin, whose golf courses at Woodhall Spa, Ashridge and elsewhere are among the finest in the country. From the point of view of design the Links at Newmarket conforms to his very high standards.
Sorry, this club has not added their Greefee information.
Sorry, this club has not added their Membership prices.