Golf began at Fulwell in 1904, after an inaugural meeting called by Mr.H.O.Stutchbury and held at the Archdeacon Cambridge School, Twickenham Green. At this meeting his idea of forming a club and building a course in the Hampton Hill area was enthusiastically agreed upon. A lease of the land was arranged, J.H.Taylor was invited over from neighbouring Mid-Surrey to lay out the course, and play started that November. Sir Frederick Dixon-Hartland, Bart., became the club’s first President, and Mr.H.Tomlinson the first Captain.
The club prospered so well that by the twenties it had two eighteen hole golf courses, with an inner and outer layout similar to Mid-Surrey. During the Second World War the inner course was given over for agricultural purposes. In the mid 1950’s, the Middlesex County Council decided to take over a sizeable portion of the far side of the course, comprising all or part of the seventh to the sixteenth holes. At that stage the old inner territory was brought back into play in a new course (the present one) designed by Mr.J.S.F.Morrison where play commenced on 30 August 1958.
Fulwell is a championship length parkland course with tree-lined fairways and provides an enjoyable and challenging test for golfers of all standards.
Sorry, this club has not added their Greefee information.
Sorry, this club has not added their Membership prices.