'A Sporting Paradise'
Elie Sports Club has unrivalled facilities for all the family in a beautiful setting.
History of the Club
Elie Sports Club was opened in 1899 under the name of Elie recreation Park. The facilities included a 9 hole golf course, known as the Ladies' Course, and three tennis courts. A bowling green was added some years later.
In 1911, Alex Cook and David Garland purchased the Pavillion at the Glasgow exhibition for £125, including the delivery charge! During the Fifties the Club was short of money and with the facilities deteriorating, it was taken over by the Golf House Club and a Commitee of Management was formed.
In 1974, Elie Sports Club was given the opportunity to purchase all its land and in order to be able to raise enough funds through grants, once again became a separate entity.
In recent years, the addition of a modern irrigation system has considerably improved the quality of the golf course, the tennis courts have all been resurfaced, a new Driving Range has been built and the pavillion has been modernised internally.
Sorry, this club has not added their Greefee information.
Sorry, this club has not added their Membership prices.