About the Club
This tree lined course is situated in the heart of Lanarkshire, overlooking Strathclyde Park. The course was opened in 1905 and the first competition took place the same year. When the course was opened there were 50 members and there are now over 700. Since opening, the course has been extended and altered numerous times to make it more challenging. The first 5 holes are extremely demanding, providing one of the most difficult starts in golf. This stretch is followed by the gentler "birdie alley" 6 and 7 where lost shots can be recovered. The signature hole is the par 3 17th which involves a tricky tee shot over out of bounds, from an elevated tee.
By Car :-
Travelling south on the M74 from Glasgow, exit at Jct 5 (Bellshill), A725 and keeping left, follow signs for Bellshill up Bogsbrae. At top of hill take Bellshill exit and follow till 2nd turn on right. Turn right and at T junction turn left into Liberty Road. Follow this road till its end and at T junction turn left into Community Road. The Clubhouse is now visible on the right.
Travelling east on the M8/A8 from Glasgow, exit at Coatbridge / Bellshill exit, A725 and keeping left, follow signs for Hamilton / East Kilbride onto the Bellshill Bypass. Once on the bypass, take the 3rd exit on the left, signposted Bellshill. Follow this road till 2nd turn on right. Turn right and at T junction turn left into Liberty Road. Follow this road till its end and at T junction turn left into Community Road. The Clubhouse is now visible on the right.
By Train :-
From Glasgow Central station take train for Bellshill. Leave train at Bellshill Station. Golf Club is a short taxi ride from the station.