Wrekin Golf course has been described as 'a downland and undulating parkland course with some magnificent views'. Views of the 4th, 7th and 14th holes, shown above, illustrate some of the magnificant views.
The golf club started on the golf links attached to Wrekin College. By 1907 the club, then known as Wellington Golf Club, moved to a nine hole layout on land adjacent to Steeraway Farm, Wellington. At around the same time it was negotiating - phrase used loosely - with Lord Forester to use land from his estates on the side of the Wrekin to lay out new and improved links. By 1908 the basic agreements had been struck and the construction of the course began. From 1907 to 1910 the Club played at Steeraway and entertained many local and Countywide Teams to Clubs from Coalbrookdale, Wem, Broseley, Plowden, Much Wenlock, Lightmoor and many others over the years. Names that are now familiar because there is still a small village or town remaining - not many would now believe that they had previously had a golf course in the town.
Sorry, this club has not added their Greefee information.
Sorry, this club has not added their Membership prices.