The Golf Club was originally the idea of a small group of local businessmen and farmers who laid out a course at Leigh Green, Tenterden, back in 1905. Today that site is committed to a small industrial estate, but some of the surrounding areas can still be identified where small mounds were created to serve as tees.
The move from Leigh Green to Woodchurch Road has not been positively identified but the current location, which until 1991 was only nine holes, survived two world wars. In 1940 a certain area was lost to the war effort for agricultural purposes and was never returned to the Club.
In 1960, an extra 21 acres was purchased at the present site and a 9 hole course designed by C. K. Cotton, Golf Course Architects.
By the 1980's members started to air their feelings regarding the possibility of expanding the existing 9 holes to a full 18 hole golf course. Eventually after months of negotiations a secondary plot of land was purchased adjacent to the existing 9 holes. After four long years of planning, designing, costing, and applications to local authority, success was achieved and on 12 August 1991, the 18 hole course was officially opened by Peter McEvoy, the most successful amateur golfer this country has ever produced.
Sorry, this club has not added their Greefee information.
Sorry, this club has not added their Membership prices.