SOUTH SHIELDS GOLF CLUB was formed at a public meeting on 6th June 1893.
9 Holes were subsequently laid out on Cleadon Hills with a total yardage of 2540. The Official opening of the course was on 28th October 1893.
In 1903/1904 the course was extended to eighteen holes, taking in land around the Mill on Cleadon Hills. In the years from 1922 to 1928, course alterations produced the current layout.
To celebrate the Club's centenary in 1993, a history of the Golf Club was produced by Mr. M. Byrne, a local schoolmaster. Limited copies of this booklet are available from the Manager.
Sorry, this club has not added their Greefee information.
Sorry, this club has not added their Membership prices.