The Club was formed at a Meeting held in the Council Chamber of the Norwich Guildhall on 8th November 1893. The Duke of York (the future King George V) consented to become our Patron the following day and the Club's emblem was therefore designed around the white rose of York. The Club takes pride in its Royal patronage that has continued thereafter.
The first 9 holes covering some 2,920 yards were opened on St Andrew's Day, 30th November. The official opening of the Club took place on 1st February 1894, by which date 18 holes measuring 4,925 yards were in play. In March 1894 a 9 hole shortened course of 2,425 yards was established specifically for play by ladies.
With some subsequent purchases of additional land, the Club continues to occupy the original site at Hellesdon selected by the founding fathers. The superb undulating Course set in mature parkland provides a challenging game of golf to professionals and amateurs alike. The layout has remained largely unchanged since James Braid's alterations in 1924.
The building of the present Clubhouse in 1964 gave an opportunity to site it in a position that commands magnificent views over the opening and closing holes. The spacious bars and dining facilities provide a welcoming and convivial atmosphere to enjoy the full range of services available to Members and Visitors alike.
Sorry, this club has not added their Greefee information.
Sorry, this club has not added their Membership prices.