A golf course has been on the present site since 1910, originally known as Caversham and South Oxon Golf Club. Shortly before the Second World War, the simpler title of Reading Golf Club was adopted. The original 12 holes were designed by James Braid and a further 6 holes were added in 1911, although there have been various alterations throughout the years.
The first four holes, although relatively flat, all demand long, accurate drives and, depending upon conditions, can take anything from a mid-iron to a wood to reach the green. Following on is the beautiful par 4, fifth which is played from an elevated tee. Although relatively short at 321 yards, the well-placed bunkers and trees all come into play to make this a challenging hole. There are four par 3's which all look straight forward, but miss the green and double bogeys are a distinct possibility. Worthy of note also is the par 4, 12th; 470 yards with a slight dog-leg which requires an accurate 2nd shot into the well-guarded green.
£40.00 (Jnr £15.00)
£50.00 (Jnr £15.00)
Sorry, this club has not added their Membership prices.