About the Club
Newark Golf Club was formed in 1901 as a 9 hole course and moved to its current wonderful 18 hole woodland location in 1935. The course was laid out by Tom Williamson, the well known and very successful course designer. He was complimented on the way he had blended the natural beauty of the site with efficiency from a playing point of view.
More recently the course has had a superb make over by Creative Golf Design; the team of Ken Moody, Ken Brown and John Nicholson. This has resulted in a superbly challenging course for golfers of all abilities set in most attractive and very quiet countryside on the borders of Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire. The level terrain makes for easy walking and visitors are made very welcome.
Newark Golf Course has some great facilities for golfers including the Golf Academy which offers first class professional instruction.
Once the golf is completed a warm welcome awaits in the pleasant clubhouse; the home of the famous Cow Pie - which must be booked in advance!!
4 miles East of Newark on the A17 - Sleaford road