The Old Links at Musselburgh was originally seven holes, with another added in 1838 and the full nine-holes came into play in 1870. The first three holes stretched eastwards from the grandstand at the racecourse, site of the former clubhouse of the Honourable Company. To the right is the main traffic route onto which the Musselburgh golfers sliced their shots and played back to the links using the new brass-soled clubs. The metal plate on the ‘brassie’ wooden club was invented here in 1885, to deal with such shots. At the fourth green there still stands Mrs Foreman’s Inn there used to be a hatch in the wall through which refreshments could be passed to the early golfers. The course turns northwest with the next three holes following the coastline and the eighth returning south towards the Home Hole, which is now the present first hole
Sorry, this club has not added their Greefee information.
Sorry, this club has not added their Membership prices.