About the Club
Leek Golf Club was founded in the early 1890's and having had two previous homes it settled down on its present site in 1923.
The site was bought by a few faithful members of the old home, Westwood, (nowadays also a thriving and successful course) purchasing Big Birchall farm which fortunately came up for sale. Those few enthusiastic and influencial members bought the farm and sold the ninety nine acres to form the new home of Leek Golf Club.
Since 1923 when the Birchall Course was opened by the then President Mr. Anthony Ward, there have been many improvements and the course is now recognised as one of Staffordshire's premier courses.
1 2 mile South of Leek on A520