The course, which is located on the slope of the Chiltern Hills, started out in 1906 as a 9-hole course on the Chequers Estate. It was given to the nation by Lord Lee of Fareham as a rest house for British Prime Ministers. The course was enlarged to 18 holes in the early 1930s by the purchase of land on the north side of the Princes Risborough to Wendover Road. It has since been lengthened.
The original clubhouse was a delightful Charles II farmhouse. Due to lack of space however, it was sold as a private house with gardens and a new clubhouse was built as it stands now. Opened in April 1965, the new clubhouse offered much more space, comfort and facilities including a large car park.
The view from the clubhouse and much of the course is quite breath-taking, whatever the time of year. The course is dominated by Coombe Hill, on which stands the Monument - erected after the Boer War to commemorate the Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry. The Monument is the highest point for miles around and is believed to have a magnetic effect on the greens!
One of the features of the Club is the Honorary Membership of the Prime Minister. Courtesy of the Course is extended to any of his or her guests and a few years ago the former US President Bill Clinton enjoyed visiting and playing at the Club.
The Course and Clubhouse continue to be improved, with the latter having been refurbished just this year. 2006 is the Club's Centenary year, with some very special events planned to commemorate the year!
Sorry, this club has not added their Greefee information.
Sorry, this club has not added their Membership prices.