The home of the East Berkshire Golf Club is at Crowthorne, near Wellington College. In fact, the moving spirits in the formation of the Club in 1903 were, for the most part, connected with the College, where they had for some time been playing over a short course laid out in the College grounds.
In1909 the original Company sold their property to the late Mr Howard Palmer, JP, who became the first President of the Club. A generous lease was offered in 1931 that made it possible for the Club to proceed with their plans for the building of the present well-designed and attractive Club House. Mrs Palmer's son, Mr Reginald H R Palmer, is now the President of the Club.
The Course stands on the North Downs near the western end of that glorious belt of pine and heather country that was once the Forest of Windsor. The Club House is a quarter of a mile from Crowthorne Station, on the Southern line from Waterloo. By road the best route is through Staines, Sunningdale and Camberley to York Town, there turning right into the Reading road past Sandhurst to Crowthorne. An ancient Roman road, known to later superstition as the Devil's Highway, traverses the southern edge of the course, but little signs of it remain, and the visitors attention is more likely to be caught by the beauty of the surroundings, the brilliant orange of the gorse in spring time standing out against the dark green of the firs, or in autumn the rich purple of the heather contrasting with the varied tints of the magnificent old oaks and beeches.
Sorry, this club has not added their Greefee information.
Sorry, this club has not added their Membership prices.