Designed by J. H. Turner, the then professional at Frilford Heath Golf Club, the first nine holes of Burford course were opened for play in May of 1936.
Construction of the second nine holes commenced in late 1936 and completion was made in remarkably short time with the official opening on 30th September 1937.
The course found instant success but the outbreak of the Second World War saw the fairways of the new second nine ploughed up for cereal production, eventually being restored for play in 1949. The farmer who had cultivated and reaped the harvest during that time presented the Club with the Harvest Cup to be competed for annually.
With the original clubhouse being demolished in 1964 to make way for the present roundabout at the junction of the A40 and A361 roads, the new clubhouse opened on 29th February 1964. From then until the present time, the building has grown with varying alterations and extensions within the constraints of limited space, but able to cater for the busiest days in the club diary and to provide a warm welcome for visitors.
Early aerial photographs clearly show a course devoid of trees but members and visitors today see a course with tree-lined fairways that are always in good condition and a delight to play. The course is fairly flat and although not long at a maximum of 6,401 yards, it does offer a comfortable round for golfers of all ages and handicaps.
Sorry, this club has not added their Greefee information.
Sorry, this club has not added their Membership prices.