Buckingham Golf Club was established in 1914 and is a classic parkland design amongst the rolling hills of the north Buckinghamshire countryside.
According to hearsay, prior to 1914 golfers played on a 5-hole course, on or adjacent to the current site. The first available record however, is the formation of Buckingham Golf Club Limited by four local gentlemen in the early part of 1914.
Land was leased and a 9-hole course was laid out, which opened that September. In the early 1920's, the Limited Company was dissolved and Buckingham became a members' Club as it is today.
After World War 1, some ex-army packing cases were purchased to make sheds for the members' bicycles. A horse was also purchased for 20 guineas to pull the mowers.
An agreement was made with the London Midland Railway, that if golfers asked the guard, trains would stop in Radclive Village .
In 1927, a clubhouse was built, the major part of which was in use until 1977.
The Club progressed on through the Second World War having many ups and downs, but always with a record for a very testing, quality golf course.
The most significant period for the club was the 1970's. Some land was purchased, more land was leased and in 1977 the course was extended to 18-holes.
In 1978 the new clubhouse was opened. During the 1980's and into the 1990's, land which had previously been leased was purchased and the clubhouse was twice extended to accommodate a bar, dining area, changing rooms, Professional's shop and Secretary's office. A practice ground and new facilities for the Course Manager and his machinery were also added.
In 2004, the Club embarked on perhaps the most ambitious project of all when the members agreed to replace all 18 greens with new greens built to USGA specifications. The opportunity was also taken to extend two holes and rebuild all the bunkers on the course.
The results of this project mean that Buckingham Golf Club is able to offer a quality golf course with excellent greens, providing a good test of golf throughout the year, to golfers of all abilities.
An abundance of wildlife (Kingfishers, MuntJack, Pheasants etc.) are seen frequently. The course has a large Practice Area with full-size green and bunker and also a Practice Putting Green.
The Practice Area and Practice Putting Green are only for use by members and Green Fee payers. The facilities are not open to the general public
Sorry, this club has not added their Membership prices.