This tree lined course is situated in the heart of Lanarkshire, overlooking Strathclyde Park. The course was opened in 1905 and the first competition took place the same year. When the course was opened there were 50 members and there are now over 700. Since opening, the course has been extended and altered numerous times to make it more challenging. The first 5 holes are extremely demanding, providing one of the most difficult starts in golf. This stretch is followed by the gentler "birdie alley" 6 and 7 where lost shots can be recovered. The signature hole is the par 3 17th which involves a tricky tee shot over out of bounds, from an elevated tee.