Whilst originally situated several miles closer to the centre of Manchester, Blackley has occupied its present site since 1937 following the acquisition of the original course by Manchester City Council. The current Club House, formally White Moss Farm, dates from the turn of the Century.
Members of note during the Clubs history include the late Bob Garner, a local man who enjoyed some success on the professional golf circuit of the day. One of his highlights was actually leading the Open Field after day one of the 1952 Championship played at Royal Lytham.
Through Bob many leading professionals of the day played at Blackley, not least being the former Ryder Cup Captain, Dai Rees, who in 1953 played an exhibition match at Blackley.
The greatest challenge the Club has faced over the years has been the reconstruction of the course following the build of the M60 orbital motorway in the ealy 90's. Under the guidance of architects, Tom MacCauley the redesigned course was opened on the 29th May by the President and Captain's of the day.
Over later years further work has been required and under the watchful eye of Gaunt & Marnoch, a second stage of landscaping was introduced which incorporated many of the water features that the course now boasts.
The outcome is a testing course the members are rightly proud of and one that we hope you will come and share when you get an opportunity.
As the club approaches its centenary year in 2007 the members are looking forward to the building of a new state of the art clubhouse, which will give Blackley a combination of course and clubhouse that will be amongst the finest in the region.
We put great emphasis on maintaining the rules & traditions of the club and we therefore have a dress code which is enforced.
Persons not correctly attired will not be permitted on the course or in the clubhouse.
Sorry, this club has not added their Greefee information.
Sorry, this club has not added their Membership prices.