About the Club
Beaconsfield Golf Club is a private members club which owes its existence to Colonel William Baring Du Pre. In 1902 Colonel Du Pre founded the 9 hole Wilton Park Golf Club in the grounds of his estate. After the railway was built in 1906, it was decided to abandon the original course and build an 18 hole course all on new ground and to name it Beaconsfield Golf Club.
Beaconsfield is an interesting, well-maintained course with each of the holes having different characteristics. The course remains basically the same as when it was originally designed in 1913 by HS “Harry” Colt and it has many of his trademark features. In particular it is very well bunkered and has unusually large greens. Apart from the 8th hole it offers very easy walking. Over the years many trees have been planted, which enhance the beauty of the course and isolate the holes from each other in attractive, tranquil surroundings.
Members and visitors to the club receive a warm welcome in the impressive clubhouse which, although built in the traditional style, provides modern facilities and excellent catering. The dining room, which looks out over the course, is especially attractive. There is a well-stocked Professional's shop and a first-class teaching and repair service is available at competitive prices.
We look forward to welcoming you to Beaconsfield Golf Club.
2 miles East of Beaconsfield off the A355