In 1942 the famous Henry Cotton played an exhibition game against 3 local professionals to raise money for the Red Cross - photos of this event are on display in the Clubhouse.
When the War finished, the Club obtained its land back together with £738-3-0 compensation for any damage.
In 1952 the present 7th and 8th holes were added and the dangerous 'Murder Alley' had been consolidated into one hole, the present 9th. The new practice putting green came into use in the summer of 1955.
Access to the club was through Riggotts Lane until 1959 when a new two way road was created on the old exit to Walton Road.
Over the years the clubhouse was improved and enlarged creating new facilities for members and adding the new entrance hall, professionals shop and Secretary's office which is as it is today.
Various improvements have been made to the greens over the last few years including a total rebuild of the seventh in 2003 and eight greens in 2006. Work has also been undertaken on the men's and ladies locker rooms together with a 'new look' clubhouse with updated decorations and furnishings and a new bar.
The view from inside the Clubhouse over the surrounding countryside is unrivalled by any in the county.
Off the A619 turn at the mini roundabout signposted Matlock A632 This is Walton Road Travel up to the T junction The entrance to the golf club is straight ahead between two houses