Playing at Caldy is one of the most rewarding golfing experiences one can enjoy on this beautiful Wirral Peninsula.
Golfers from home and abroad are always welcome to come and share the Club’s challenging course, vast Practice Ground and excellent Clubhouse facilities.
1906 saw Jack Morris, the nephew of Tom Morris draw up a plan for the Club’s first 9 holes. The Course opened for play the following year. The first layout of a full 18 holes, designed by 5 times Open Champion James Braid, came into play in 1931.
In the ensuing years the Club gradually purchased adjoining land and extended the Course to its present format. By considerable financial investment, the Members have also protected and improved the Course by controlling the river erosion of the cliff top holes, building the tees and greens to USGA specifications and undertaking major drainage work.
Caldy is one of the best drained courses in the area for maximising playing conditions, whatever the weather.
South East side of the village from Caldy roundabout on A540 follow signs to Caldy and Golf club